Our Firm   |   Our History   |   In the Community

Our History

Our firm traces its roots back to 1924 when it was founded by Nathan Bernard Golsof in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Gordon Pullan QC joined the firm in 1951, on his call to the bar, and Pullan Kammerloch Frohlinger is its continuation - a link in the chain of lawyers marking in excess of 90 years of practice.

    We, as a firm have faced a trauma or two, not of our own making. And our story goes something like this...

    On a June morning in 1954, Gordon Pullan QC and his colleagues of the time awoke to the news that the building where they rented premises had been swept by fire. They arrived at work to find that description of their circumstance something of an understatement.

    What remained of the venerable Time Building on Portage Avenue was a blackened skeleton and smoldering ash. Pullan’s firm and several other law firm tenants found the only really valuable resource left to them was memory and understanding clients. Records were lost forever.

    "We survived, and so did many others like us," Pullan said. Fire struck the firm again in 2003. With business squeezing them into the halls at the Newport Centre, the partners agreed to buy new premises. Their choice, the old Leatherdale Funeral premises on Kennedy Street. The sale done, major renovation was started. It was ended on August 28th by a fire, which swept the building, gutting it and damaging neighboring apartment buildings. The one positive: it forced a fresh start, which generated the new and current law firm premises at 240 Kennedy.